An Effective Inductive Learning Algorithm for Extracting Rules
In this paper we present a new inductive learning algorithm named MONSAMAX for extracting rules. It has some advantages compared to several machine learning algorithms: it uses several new pruning techniques which guarantee great effectiveness of the algorithm; it extracts overlapping rules; as a result it finds determinative set of rules that we can use for post-analysis of extracted rules. Compared to a former algorithm MONSIL it is much less labor-consuming.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gams, M., Lavrac, N.: Review of Five Empirical Learning Systems within a Proposed Schemata. In: Bratko, I., Lavrac, N. (eds.) Progress in Machine Learning, Proceedings of EWSL 1987: 2nd European Working Session on Learning, Bled, Yugoslavia, pp. 46–66. Sigma Press, Wilmslow (1987)Google Scholar
- 2.Kuusik, R.: The Super-Fast Algorithm of Hierarchical Clustering and the Theory of Monotone Systems. Transactions of Tallinn Technical University 734, 37–62 (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Kuusik, R., Treier, T., Lind, G., Roosmann, P.: Machine Learning Task as a Diclique Extracting Task. In: 2009 Sixth International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery: FSKD 2009, Tianjin, China, August 14-16, pp. 555–560. Conference Publishing Service, California (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Quinlan, J.R.: Learning efficient classification procedures and their application to chess end games. In: Carbonell, J.G., Michalski, R.S., Mitchell, T.M. (eds.) Machine Learning. An Artificial Intelligence Approach, pp. 463–482. Springer, Heidelberg (1984)Google Scholar
- 5.Roosmann, P., Võhandu, L., Kuusik, R., Treier, T., Lind, G.: Monotone Systems approach in Inductive Learning. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics 2(2), 47–56 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Võhandu, L.: Fast Methods in Exploratory Data Analysis. Transactions of Tallinn Technical University (705), 3–13 (1989)Google Scholar
- 7.Võhandu, L., Kuusik, R., Torim, A., Aab, E., Lind, G.: Some Monotone Systems Algorithms for Data Mining. WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications 3(4), 802–809 (2006)Google Scholar