Static Power Optimization for Homogeneous Multiple GPUs Based on Task Partition
Recently, GPU has been widely used in High Performance Computing (HPC). In order to improve computational performance, several GPUs are integrated into one computer node in practical system. However, power consumption of GPUs is very high and becomes as bottleneck to its further development. In doing so, optimizing power consumption have been draw broad attention in the research area and industry community. In this paper, we present an energy optimization model considering performance constraint for homogeneous multi-GPUs, and propose a performance prediction model when task partitioning policy is specified. Experiment results validate that the model can accurately predict the execution of program for single or multiple GPUs, and thus reduce static power consumption by the guide of task partition.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Luebke, D., Harris, M., Govindaraju, N., Lefohn, A., Houston, M., Owens, J., Segal, M., Papakipos, M., Buck, I.: In: Proceedings of the 2006 ACM/IEEE Conference on Supercomputing, SC 2006. ACM, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Yang, X.J., Liao, X.K., Lu, K., Hu, Q.F., Song, J.Q., Su, J.S.: Journal of Computer Science and Technology 26(3), 344 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Top500, http://www.top500.org
- 4.Yang, X., Liao, X., Xu, W., Song, J., Hu, Q., Su, J., Xiao, L., Lu, K., Dou, Q., Jiang, J., Yang, C.: Frontiers of Computer Science in China 4(4), 445 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Bakhoda, A., Yuan, G., Fung, W., Wong, H., Aamodt, T.: In: IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software, ISPASS 2009, pp. 163–174 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Black, F., Scholes, M.: The pricing of options and corporate liabilities. Political Economy 81 (1973)Google Scholar
- 9.Bratley, P., Fox, B.L.: ACM Trans. Math. Softw. 14, 88 (1988)Google Scholar