Detection of Lip Area and Smile Analysis for Self Smile Training
In this study, we propose an automated smile analysis system for self smile training. The proposed system detects face area from the input image with the AdaBoost algorithm. It then identifies facial features based on the face shape model generated by using ASM(Active Shape Model). Once facial features of the face are identified, the lip line and teeth area necessary for smile analysis are detected. An analysis of the lip line and individual teeth areas allows for an automated analysis of smiling degree of users, enabling users to check their smiling degree on a real time basis. The developed system exhibited an average error of 0.7 compared to previous smile analysis results released by dental clinics for smile training, and it is expected to be used directly by users for smile training.
KeywordsFacial Feature Dental Clinic Profile Model Face Shape AdaBoost Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gibson, R.M.: Smiling and Facial Exercise. Dent. Clin. North Am. 33(2), 157–164 (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, Y. H.: Beauty smile trainer. Samkuk Trading Co. Ltd., 20-2004-0026216 Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, H.-J.: Smile line mirror, 20-2006-0009758Google Scholar
- 4.Yoon, M.E., Jin, T.H., Dong, J.K.: A Study on The smile in korean youth. The Korean Academy of Prosthodontics 30(2), 259–271 (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Viola, P., Jones, M.: Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 1, I-511– I-518 (2001)Google Scholar