A Scalable Distributed Multimedia Service Management Architecture Using XMPP
In this paper, we propose a scalable distributed multimedia service management architecture using XMPP. We first study the XMPP and investigate the limitations of related multimedia service management models. Then we describe the scalable distributed multimedia service management architecture in detail along with a video conferencing system case using this model. The performance simulation results show that the proposed distributed multimedia service management architecture achieves great scalability.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol(XMPP): Core/Introduction. RFC, 3920–3921Google Scholar
- 2.Saint-Andre, P.: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core. RFC 3920, IET (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Saint-Andre, P.: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging and Presence. RFC 3921, IETF (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.JABBER INC. Core XMPP Protocol Stack[EB/OL] (August 15, 2009), http://xmpp.org/protocols/
- 5.Zhang, J., Ma, H.: An Approach to Developing Multimedia Services Based On SIP. In: Proceedings of ICCC 2004, vol. 1, pp. 95–101 (2004)Google Scholar