Visualization and Simulation Tool for Analyzing P-Graph Based Workflow Systems
The operation of business and social organizations – on their own and also as being part of a big network – is highly complex. Without the modeling of business processes the efficient and cost effective operation of such systems is impossible. For this purpose the workflow systems have been introduced. The optimization of the workflow of the administrative work-based systems means a great challenge. Elaborated method is available for the P-graph based workflow modeling of administrative processes. This chapter wishes to give some help to this optimization by presenting the concept of visualization and simulation tool supporting workflow analysis and examination. Such an analysis makes the determination of resource constraints, bottlenecks and redundancies possible and enables more efficient operation.
KeywordsSimulation Tool Business Process Management Administrative Process Standby Mode Input Document
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tick, J.: Application of P-graph-based workflow for administrative process modeling. In: Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics, Smolenice, Slovakia, pp. 15–18 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Van der Aalst, W.M.P., van Hee, K.M.: Workflow management – models, methods, and systems. The MIT Press, Cambridge (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Jablonski, S., Bussler, S.: Workflow management: Modeling concepts, architecture and implementation. International Thomson Computer Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Pataricza, A. (ed.): Formalis modszerek az informatikaban. Typotex, Budapest (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Jeffry, J.M.: Using Petri nets to introduce operating system concepts. In: Proceedings of the SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, San Antonio, TX, USA, pp. 324–329 (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Kemper, P.: Logistic process models go Petri nets. In: Proceedings of 7th Workshop Algorithmen und Werkzeuge für Petrinetze, pp. 69–74. Koblenz, Germany (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Merz, M., Moldt, D., Müller-Jones, K., Lamersdorf, W.: Workflow modelling and execu-tion with coloured Petri nets in COSM. In: Proceedings of 16th International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets, Torino, Italy, pp. 1–12 (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Tick, J.: Visualisation and simulation of P-graph based workflow systems. In: Proceedings of 6th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence and Informatics, Romania, pp. 231–234 (2011)Google Scholar
- 15.Tick, J.: P-graph-based workflow modelling. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica 4, 75–88 (2007)Google Scholar
- 16.Shih-Yang, Y., Po-Zung, C., Chu-Hao, S.: Using Petri nets to enhance web usage mining. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica 4, 113–125 (2007)Google Scholar