FACTS-Devices and Applications
Flexible AC Transmission Systems, called FACTS, got in the recent years a well-known term for higher controllability in power systems by means of power electronic devices. Several FACTS-devices have been introduced for various applications worldwide. A number of new types of devices are in the stage of being introduced in practice. Even more concepts of configurations of FACTS-devices are discussed in research and literature.
KeywordsReactive Power Power Flow Voltage Source Converter Thyristor Control Series Capacitor Reactive Power Compensation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sood, V.K.: HVDC and FACTS Controllers: Applications of Static Converters in Power Systems. Kluwer Academic Publishers (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Acha, E., Fuerte-Esquivel, C., Ambiz-Perez, H.: FACTS Modelling and Simulation in Power Networks. John Wiley & Sons (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Mathur, R.M., Varma, R.K.: Thyristor Based FACTS Controllers for Electrical Transmission Systems. IEEE Computer Society Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Hingorani, N.G., Gyugyi, L.: Understanding FACTS: Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission Systems. IEEE Computer Society Press (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Song, Y.H., Johns, T.: Flexible Ac Transmission Systems (Facts). IEE Power Series, vol. 30 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Retzmann, D.: HVDC Plus - Basics and Principle of Operation. Siemens PTD, Germany (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Fardanesh, B., Henderson, M., Shperling, B., Zelingher, S., Gyugyi, L., Schauder, C., Lam, B., Moundford, J., Adapa, R., Edris, A.A.: Convertible static compensator: application to the New York transmission system. CIGRE 14-103, Paris, France (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Fardanesh, B., Shperling, B., Uzunovic, E., Zelingher, S.: Multi-Converter FACTS Devices: the Generalized Unified Power Flow Controller (GUPFC). In: Proc. IEEE PES Summer Meeting, Seattle, USA (2000)Google Scholar