Adopting Agile Service Development
In this final chapter, we describe how organizations can adopt our approach to agile service development. This is not an easy task, and many barriers need to be overcome, but the benefits are real and important. To help you reap these benefits, we outline the main issues that you may need to overcome and describe a gradual path to improve your agile capabilities, in which the elements of our approach are positioned. Finally, we give our conclusions and outline the challenges in moving forward with our vision of enterprise agility.
KeywordsBusiness Process Enterprise Architecture Project Level Agile Method Agile Practice
- Ambler SW (2010) IBM agility@scale™: become as agile as you can be. IBM Global Services, Somers, NYGoogle Scholar
- Ross JW, Weill P, Robertson DC (2006) Enterprise architecture as strategy: creating a foundation for business execution. Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MAGoogle Scholar
- Sinur J, Hill JB (2010) ITScore overview for business process management. Gartner ResearchGoogle Scholar
- Turk D, France R, Rumpe B (2002) Limitations of agile software processes. 3rd International conference on eXtreme programming and agile processes in software engineering (XP2002), Alghero, Italy, pp 43–46Google Scholar
- Yin A, Figueiredo S, da Silva M (2011) Scrum maturity model. Proceedings of the 6th international conference on software engineering advances (ICSEA 2011), Barcelona, Spain, October 23–29 2011Google Scholar