A Formal Framework for Cooperative Logistics Management
This paper presents a process calculus for specifying and reasoning about earth-friendly logistics management systems. It is necessary to reduce fossil fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions resulting from transport on account of environmental protection. Cooperative logistics enables multiple shippers to share trucks. It has been one of the most effective and popular solutions to this problem, but it makes it be complicated to implement in a logistics management system. We propose a language for specifying the routes of trucks and an order relation between the requirements of routes and the possible routes of trucks. The former is formulated as process calculus and the latter selects suitable trucks according to their routes. Our language and selection mechanism were implemented on a PaaS-based cloud computing infrastructure.
KeywordsMobile Agent Formal Framework Logistics Management Route Selection International Energy Agency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boreale, M., Bruni, R., Caires, L., De Nicola, R., Lanese, I., Loreti, M., Martins, F., Montanari, U., Ravara, A., Sangiorgi, D., Vasconcelos, V., Zavattaro, G.: SCC: A Service Centered Calculus. In: Bravetti, M., Núñez, M., Tennenholtz, M. (eds.) WS-FM 2006. LNCS, vol. 4184, pp. 38–57. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Chang, F., Dean, J., Ghemawat, S., Hsieh, W.C., Wallach, D.A., Burrows, M., Chandra, T., Fikes, A., Gruber, R.: Bigtable: A Distributed Storage System for Structured Data. In: Proceedings of 7th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI 2006), pp. 205–218. USENIX Association (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Hoare, C.A.R.: Communicating Sequential Processes. Prentice Hall (1985)Google Scholar
- 4.International Energy Agency, Transport Energy and CO2 (Moving Toward Sustainability, IEA (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Milner, R.: Communication and Concurrency. Prentice Hall (1989)Google Scholar
- 7.Misra, J., Cook, W.R.: Computation orchestration: A basis for wide-area computing. Journal of Software and Systems Modeling (2006); (A preliminary version of this paper appeared in the Lecture Notes for NATO summer school August 2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Xu, K., Liu, Y., Zhu, J., Wu, C.: Pi-Calculus Based Bi-transformation of State-Driven Model and Flow-Driven Model. International Journal of Business Process Integration and Management (2006)Google Scholar