Performance Analysis of Interactive Internet Systems for a Class of Systems with Dynamically Changing Offers
- 470 Downloads
This paper presents the performance analysis of interactive Internet systems, for which the time rate of system offer change is comparable to the users interaction time with the system. In this paper such systems class is called Interactive Internet Systems with Dynamically Changing Offers (IISDCO). In IISDCO systems an offer change may cause cancellation of the started but incomplete transactions. The necessity of cancellation can result from the sale of a set of resources (goods sold) which is getting exhausted or whose price has changed.
This paper includes a performance analysis of an on-line stock exchange system (sample of IISDCO). For the analysis we used models in the form of Time Coloured Petri Nets (TCPNs). We also reviewed the proposed models on the example of the Internet on-line stock exchange system.
- 1.Aversa, L., Bestavros, A.: Load Balancing a Cluster of Web Servers Using Distributed Packet Rewriting. In: Proc. of the 2000 IEEE International Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference, Phoenix, AZ, pp. 24–29 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Kounev, S.: Performance Engineering of Distributed Component-Base Systems, Banchmarking, Modeling and Perrformance Prediction. Shaker Verlag (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Kounev, S., Buchmann, A.: Performance Modelling of Distributed E-Business Applications using Queuing Petri Nets. In: Int. Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software, pp. 143–155. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Menasce, D.A., Almeida, V.A.F., Dowdy, L.: Performance by Design. Prentice Hall (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Pai, V.S., Aront, M., Banga, G., Svendsen, M., Druschel, P., Zwaenpoel, W., Nahum, E.: Locality-aware Request Distribution in Cluster-based Network Servers. In: Proc. of 8th ACM Conf. on Arch. Support for Progr. Languages, San Jose, vol. 32, pp. 205–216 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Rak, T.: The Modeling an Analysis of Interactive Internet Systems Realizing the Service of High-Frequency Offers (in Polish). PhD dissertation supervised by J. Werewka, Krakow, AGH-UST (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Rak, T., Swider, K.: Database Replication in Practice (in Polish). In: Data-base Systems. Structures, Algorithms and Methods, WKŁ, Warsaw, pp. 153–162 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Rak, T., Samolej, S.: Distributed Internet Systems Modeling Using TCPNs. In: Proc. of the Int. Multiconf. on Computer Science and Information Technology, pp. 559–566 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Design/CPN homepage, http://www.daimi.au.dk/designCPN
- 10.CPN Tools homepage, http://cpntools.org