Basic Concurrency Resolution in Clock-Free P Systems
Clock-free P systems are an almost completely asynchronous model of P systems in which each rule application lasts for a different time. This makes the processes in this model more similar to the chemical processes in the biological cell, but also poses similar design problems as in concurrent programming. In this paper an attempt is made to solve synchronisation problems in clock-free P systems using the approaches commonly used in concurrent programming.
KeywordsConcurrent Programming Rule Application Synchronisation Problem Synchronisation Strategy Synchronisation Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dijkstra, E.W.: Cooperating sequential processes. Technological University, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1965)Google Scholar
- 2.Sburlan, D.: Clock-free P systems. In: Pre-proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Membrane Computing, Milan, Italy, pp. 372–383 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Downey, A. B.: The Little Book of Semaphores, 2nd edn., Version 2.1.5. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (Allen B. Downey)Google Scholar
- 4.Alhazov, A., Cavaliere, M.: Evolution-communication P systems: Time-freeness. In: Proceedings of the Third Brainstorming Week on Membrane Computing, Sevilla, Spain, January 31st – February 4th, pp. 11–18 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Ivanov, S.: Formal Strategies in P Systems (submitted)Google Scholar
- 7.Păun, G., Rozenberg, G., Salomaa, A. (eds.): The Oxford Handbook of Membrane Computing. Oxford University Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.The P systems web page, http://ppage.psystems.eu/