Perceived Risk in Marketing Strategy
’Perceived risk’ in consumer behavior theory helps explain why often consumers do not move from the desire stage to the action stage, that is, make the actual purchase decision. Appropriate theories and practice can be used to identify what strategies marketers can employ to overcome this problem. However, there are still some gaps existing when applying these theories in practice. Future studies could be more related to psychology and focused on the risk perception of consumers who shop for goods at the virtual storefront.
KeywordsRisk Perception Consumer Behavior Marketing Strategy Purchase Intention Strategy Marketer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ashely: Understanding your customer’s perceived risk. University of Connecticut (1995), http://www.hort.uconn.edu/agmarketing/distlrnarticles/percrisk.htm (viewed April 22)
- 2.Ben-Ur, Winfield: Perceived risk in the E-Commerce environment. University of Houston-Victoria (2006), http://www.sbaer.uca.edu/research/swma/2000/04.pdf (viewed April 22)
- 3.British Car Sales, the Sun News (2010), http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3043609/British-car-sales-up-20-in-a-year.html (viewed April 23)
- 4.Cooperate News, BWM Group (2001), http://www.bmwgroup.com/e/nav/index.html?, http://www.bmwgroup.com/e/0_0_www_bmwgroup_com/produktion/produktionsnetzwerk/produktionsstandorte/werk_swindon.html (viewed April 23)
- 5.Jia, Dyer, Butler: Measures of perceived risk. The Chinese University of Hong Kong (1997), http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/faculty/jim.dyer/per_risk.PDF (viewed April 24)
- 6.Perner: Introduction to marketing. University of Southern California (1999), http://www.consumerpsychologist.com/marketing_introduction.html (viewed April 23)
- 7.Perner: Consumer behavior: the psychology of marketer, USC Marshall. University of Southern California (2010), http://www.consumerpsychologist.com/ (viewed April 23)
- 8.Samadi, Yaghoob-Nejadi: A survey of the effect of consumers’ perceived risk on purchase intention in E-Shopping, Business Intelligence Journal (2009), http://www.saycocorporativo.com/saycoUK/BIJ/journal/Vol2No2/article1.pdf (viewed April 24)
- 9.Tversky, Kahneman: Judgment under uncertainty: heuristics and biases, New Series (2007), http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~camerer/Ec101/JudgementUncertainty.pdf (viewed April 24)
- 10.800,000 iMacs Sold in First 139 Days, Apple Store (2008), http://www.apple.com/ca/press/1999/01/iMac_Sales.html (viewed April 23)