Study on the Combined System of Biological Gellan Gum - Waxy Maize Starch
- 1.2k Downloads
Gellan gum was known as one of the most successful modes of exocellular polysaccharide of fermented of the 20th century. The combined system of gellan gum and waxy maize starch was studied in this article. The research showed that there was certain cooperative effect between gellan gum and waxy maize starch and their viscosity increased along with the concentration increasing. The viscosity of combined system changed at different temperature, pH, ion concentration, shearing time and speed was also focused. Results showed that the combined system had such properties as temperature hysteresis, shear thinning and viscosity increasing with potassium ion. The above results have guiding significance on the development of fermentation polysaccharide products.
Keywordsgellan gum waxy maize starch viscosity rheology characteristics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baird, J.K., Talashek, T.A., Chang, H.: Gums and Stabilisers for the Food Industry. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, F., Li, J.: New Microbial Polysaccharides-Gellan Gum. Guangxi Journal of Light Industry 5, 1–2 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, X., Liu, C., Yang, C., et al.: Advances in biosynthesis of gellan gum. Modern Chemical Industry 7(25), 32–34 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Kang, K.S.: A gar like polysaccharide produced by a Pseudomonas species: production and basic properties. Applied and Environment Microbiology 5, 1086–1091 (1982)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, Q., Feng, Y., Wen, Q.: Application of Waxy Maize Starch and Its Modified Starch. Journal of Maize Science 2(14), 170–174 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Z.: Food Rheological Principle and Application, vol. 8, pp. 28–30. Zhengzhou Engineering College, Zhengzhou (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Sosa-Herrera, M.G., Berli, C.L.A., Martinez-Padilla, L.P.: Physicochemical and rheological properties of oil-in-water emulsion prepared with sodium caseinate/gellan gum mixture. Food HydrocolloidsGoogle Scholar
- 10.Li, B., Sheng, H., Wang, C., et al.: Study on stability and synergistic effect of konjac glue-starch multiple system. Food Science and Technology 5, 55–58 (2003)Google Scholar