Low Carbon Economy and New Energy Applications in China
Investigations have been carried out on the relationship of energy, environment problem and economic growth, however, little attention has been paid on background of low carbon economy. It is the purpose of this paper to interpret the connotation of low carbon economy, analyzing how to achieve a low carbon economy, and effects of new energy application on China. With the method of unity of history and logic, we find that energy is the driving force of economic growth, and decides the scale and speed of economic growth. Moreover, the growth rate of environmental pollution should be less than zero and growth rate of energy stock should be greater than zero. At last, we analyze the development of low carbon economy and new energy applications to the Chinese economy.
KeywordsLow carbon economy new energy sustainable development economic growth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ahmad, N., Wyckoff, A.: Carbon Dioxide Emissions Embodied in International Trade of Goods. OECD STI Working Paper (15) (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Copeland, B.R., Taylor, M.S.: North-South trade and the environment. The Quarterly Journal of Economics (8), 755–787 (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Solow, R.M.: A contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth. Quarterly Journal of Economics 70, 65–94 (February)Google Scholar
- 4.Weber, C.L., Peters, G.P., Guan, D., Hogback, K.: The contribution of Chinese exports to climate change. Energy Policy (9), 3572–3577 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Stokey, N.: Are there Limits to Growth? International Economic ReviewGoogle Scholar