Numerical Simulation Investigation on Flow Field of Axial Blood Pump
To investigate the optimization of a certain type of axial blood pump, this article established the model of the axial blood pump with software PRO/E and simulates flow field in one axial blood pump with software FLUENT and GAMBIT. The simulation results are showed by the velocity vector graphs and pressure distribution contours, etc. The conclusion is drawn by analysis of the simulation, this axial blood pump meets human body, but there is some deficiencies need to improve.
KeywordsAxial blood pump mechanical circulation support flow field numerical simulation computation fluid dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Zhang, Y., Xue, S., Gui, X.-M., et al.: Digital simulation to the development of axial blood pump for artificial heart. Chinese Journal of Biomedical Engineering 26(1), 35–41 (2007) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Lin, C.-Y., Hou, X.-T., Wu, G.-H., et al.: The flow field analysis model XZ-II A axial flow blood pump. Beijing Biomedical Engineering 24(6), 405–409 (2005) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Yun, Z., Tan, J.-P., Gong, Z.-L.: Research of CFD simulative optimization on impeller structure of axial blood pump. Journal of Machine Design 23(10), 6–9 (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, X.-R., Zhang, M.-Y., Liu, H.-N., et al.: Numerical investigation on flows and bio-compatibility of an axial blood pump. Journal of Xi’an Jiaotong University 40(11), 1290–1294 (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, F.-J.: Computational fluid dynamics analysis: the principle and application of CFD, vol. 9. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Anderson Jr., J.D.: Computational fluid dynamics: The basics with applications. McGraw-Hill, New York (1995)Google Scholar