A Study on Economy and Trade Competition between China and Brazil
As two of the major emerging economies, the impact of the development of bilateral trade between China and Brazil on the world market can not be ignored. This paper has analyzed the competitiveness and complementarity of bilateral trade between China and Brazil through the caculation of serveral indices such as the similarity of the exports, integration degree of bilateral trade, intra-industry trade index and revealed comparative advantage index, based on the description of the current development of bilateral trade between China and Brazil. The results have showed there are significant differences of trade structure between China and Brazil, and a strong complementarity of bilateral trade structure. While further expanding trade scale, China and Brazil should improve investment and trade cooperation on the junction of supply and demand in the field of agriculture, resources, infrastructure and other fields.
KeywordsChina Brazil competitiveness complementarity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.World Bank.World Development Indicators database[EB/OL], http://siteresources.Worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GDP.pdf
- 2.United Nations. United Nations Commodity Trade Statistics Database[EB/OL], http://comtrade.un.org/db/
- 3.Geng, Y.: The Analysis on the Affecting Factors of Brazil Agricultural Exports to China’s Market. International Trade (11), 51–57 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Gao, J., Zhang, X.: The Empirical Research of Intra-industry Trade in Agricultural Products between China and Brazil. The Contemporary Economy (5), 148–150 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.He, M., Fang, Y.: The Analysis on Competitiveness and Complementarity of Guangdong-ASEAN Agricultural Products Trade. International Economics and Trade Research (11), 31–35 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Fan, J.: The Potential Analysis of Agricultural Trade between China and Brazil. Technology and Economy (5), 104–109 (2010)Google Scholar