Study of Self-optimizing Load Balancing in LTE-Advanced Networks
With the rapid development of mobile communication, mobile networks become more and more complex. Self-organizing network (SON) is a research focus. This article firstly gives briefly review on the performance of SONs that without physical backhaul interface, and then introduces a MLB algorithm which meets the requirements of this kind of SONs. Finally, a new scheme to improve the performances of LTE-Advanced network is proposed, and simulation shows that the scheme is of good performance.
KeywordsSelf-organizing Network LTE-Advanced Self-optimizing Load Balancing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee, S., Kim, S.-C., Shin, Y.-S.: Soft Load Balancing Over Heterogeneous Wireless Networks Hyukmin Son. IEEE Xplore (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.3GPP. LTE-Advanced networks, http://www.3gpp.org/LTE-Advanceddvanced (retrieved June 15, 2010)
- 3.Honglin, H., Jian, Z., Xiaoying, Z., Yang, Y., Ping, W.: Self-Configuration and Self-Optimization for LTE Networks. IEEE Communications Magazine (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.3GPP TR 25.996 V7.0.0(2007-06), 3rd Generation Partnership Project; Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; Spatial channel model for Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) simulations (Release 7) Google Scholar
- 5.Honglin, H., Jing, X.: Fast Group Based Scheduling Techs. In: 3GPP LTE Key Technologies on Wireless Links, ch. 11. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 6.Keping, Z.: Radio Resource Managements. In: LTE-B3G/4G Mobile Telecommunication System Wireless Technologies, ch. 6. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 7.3GPP R3-071254, Load Balancing Self optimization Use case. Ref Type: Generic (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Baidupedia (July 14, 2010). Ping-Pong effect, http://baike.baidu.com/view/1065268.htm?fr=ala0_1_1 (retrieved August 1, 2010)
- 9.3GPP R3-071598. Information to be included at Hand Over request messages, to avoid Ping-Pong Hand Over. Ref Type: Generic (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Baidupedia (August 2010). Greedy algorithm, http://baike.baidu.com/view/1628576.htm (retrieved August 10, 2010)