Design of MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks Based on Cross-Layer Optimization
For the fault of S-MAC protocol with adaptive listening in energy-consume unbalance between nodes, a Cross-layer optimization MAC protocol based on network fairness (BS-MAC) is proposed. In the new mechanism, add the new variable TS which records the number of how many times this node becomes virtue clusters’ boundary, nodes sleep/listen adaptive through comparing with the size of TS; adjust the balance of energy-consume Cross-layer with the clustering algorithm added TS. Simulation statistics shows that BS-MAC not only increases the fairness of the network and the network lifetime, but also keeps the same energy-consume and delay with the S-MAC.
KeywordsWireless Sensor Network Cross-layer optimization Network fairness Life cycle BS-MAC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ye, W., Heinemann, J., Estrin, D.: An Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. In: INFOCOM 2002, New York, USA, pp. 1567–1576 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Sun, L.-I., Li, J.-Z., Chen, Y., et al.: Wireless sensor network, pp. 5–20. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.LAN MAN Standards Committee of the IEEE Computer Society, Wireless LAN medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specification,IEEE, New York, NY, USA, IEEE Std 802.11-1997 edition (1997) Google Scholar
- 7.Fang, X.-M., et al.: The next generation of wireless Internet technology in wireless Mesh network, pp. 325–330. Post & Telecom press, Beijing (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Bennington, R.W., De Claris, N.: Multiprocessor implementations of neural networks systems. In: IEEE ICCP, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 323–325 (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.UBICOM, IP2022 Internet Processor Features and performance Optimized for Network connectivity 7,1–106 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.The network simulator(NS-2), http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns