Cloud Computing in Educational Applications Methods of Virtual Desktops Deployment
Task scheduling is one of the main parts of Cloud Computing (CC). We understand this process as mapping users tasks to appropriate resources to execute. Since we use virtual machines (VM) to hide physical resources form user the critical problem is how to schedule this machines (sub tasks) in given resources (ie. host machines). Tasks scheduling algorithms for CC systems are discussed in literature . The most authors use mathematical model without consideration of many problems with desktop virtualization. In this paper we consider a new model for tasks scheduling of VM deployment for business and educational purposes. We also introduce genetic algorithm  for task scheduling in CC.
KeywordsCloud Computing Virtual Machine Task Schedule Host Machine Utility Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Greblicki, J., Kotowski, J.: Analysis of the properties of the Harmony Search Algorithm carried out on the one dimensional binary knapsack problem. In: Moreno-Díaz, R., Pichler, F., Quesada-Arencibia, A. (eds.) EUROCAST 2009. LNCS, vol. 5717, pp. 697–704. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Zhao, C., et al.: Independent Tasks Scheduling Based on Genetic Algorithm in Cloud Computing. In: Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Wireless Comm., Net. and Mobile Computing, WiCom 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Kotowski, J.: The use of the method of illusion to optimizing the simple cutting stock problem. In: Proc. MMAR 2001, 7th IEEE Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, vol. 1, pp. 149–154 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Garg, S.K., et al.: Environment-conscious scheduling of HPC applications on distributed Cloud-oriented data centers. J. Parallel Distrib. Comput. (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.A survey of corporate IT. Let it rise, The Economist (2011)Google Scholar