Detection Class I Integron of Multidrug Resistace Pathogenic Salmonella from Chicken
Antimicrobial resistance test of 59 Samonella isolated from chicken was done by K-B method. The drug-resistance rate of oxacillin, tetracycline, erythromycin, penicillin G, gentamicin was 74.6%, 64.4%, 52.5%, 47.5% and 37.3% respectively. Most of the isolates were multidrug resistance and the rate was 81.36% (48/59). Among the total of the multidrug resistance isolates, the rate of resistance to three, four and five drugs was 45.76% (27/59), 23.73% (14/59) and 11.86% (7/59). PCR and DNA sequencing were used for screening and characterization of class I integrons. As a result, the detection rate of class I integron was 40.68% (24/59), and among these 48 isolates which had been proven multidrug-resistant, the detection rate of class I integron was 50% (24/48). Class I integron PCR positive isolates rate of multidrug-resistance was 100% (24/24). Results show that the class I integron has the relationship with multidrug resistance.
KeywordsSamonella class I integron multidrug resistance detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hall, A.J., Saito, E.K.: Avian wildlife mortality events due to salmonellosis in the united states,1985–2004. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 44(3), 585–593 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Chiu, C.H., Ou, J.T.: Rapid identification of Salmonella serovars in feces by specific detection of virulence genes invA and spvC by an enrichment broth culture-multiplex PCR combination assay. J. Clin. Microbiol. 34, 2619–2622 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Wayne, P.A.: NCCLS. Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing. Eleventh International Supplement. Veterinary Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Document M31-A2, 21(1) (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Yang, C.-M., Lin, M.-F., Lin, C.-H.: Characterization of antimicrobial resistance patterns and integrons in human fecal Escherichia coli in Taiwan. Jpn. J. Infect. Dis. 62, 177–181 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Guerra, B., Soto, S.M., Arguelles, J.M., Carmen Mendoza, M.: Multidrug Resistance Is Mediated by Large Plasmids Carrying a Class I Integron in the Emergent Salmonella enterica Serotype [4,5,12:i:2]. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 45(4), 1305–1308 (2001)Google Scholar