Post Occupancy Evaluation of Decentralised Energy Systems
This work introduces the theory involved in a decentralised energy system, such as a district heating system, going from its implementation and viability to its system performance. Some case studies across Europe have been selected and compared; this comparison demonstrated a lack of results regarding the actual overall performance occurring in a district heating system. The Affordable Housing site located in Suffolk is made up of 26 individual homes with a district heating network supplied with a biomass boiler. This study investigates how well this district heating distributes its heat. A system performance analysis has been performed and its losses determined and introduced.
KeywordsDistrict Heating Space Heating Heat Demand District Heating System Supply Temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bøhm, B., Ha, S., Kim, W., Kim, B., Koljonen, T., Larsen, H.V., Lucht, M., Park, Y., Sipilä, K., Wigbels, M., Wistbacka, M.: Simple Models for Operational Optimisation, vol. S1. IEA, Paris (2002)Google Scholar
- COGEN EUROPE, 2009-last update, What is Cogeneration? (Homepage of COGEN europe) (February 7, 2009), http://www.cogeneurope.eu/category/about-cogen/what-is-cogeneration/ (January 10, 2011)
- Davies, G., Woods, P.: The Potential and Costs of District Heating Networks, vol. 204. Pöyry Energy, Oxford (2009)Google Scholar
- DECC, The Government’s standard Assessment Procedure for Energy Rating of Dwellings. 9.90. BRE, Garston, watford WD25 9XX (2009a) Google Scholar
- DECC, Impact Assessment of the Climate Change Act, London, 08 (2009b) Google Scholar
- DECC, Climate Change - The UK Programme 2006. CM6764 - SE/2006/43. TSO, London (2006)Google Scholar
- Hawkey, D.J.C.: Will "District Heating Come to Town"? Analysis of Current Opportunities and Challenges in the UK, University of Edinburgh (2009)Google Scholar
- Wigbells, M., Bøhm, B., Sipilae, K.: Dynamic Heat Storage Optimisation and Demand Side Management. IEA, Paris (2005) 1313-02-01-10-006/4700005181Google Scholar