Value Monte Carlo Algorithms for Estimating the Solution to the Coagulation Equation
The pure coagulation Smoluchowski equation with additive coefficients is considered. We construct the weight value algorithms and analyze their efficiency for estimating total monomer concentration as well as total monomer and dimer concentration in ensemble governed by the equation under study. We managed to achieve considerable gain in computational costs via approximate value modeling of the time between collisions in the ensemble combined with the value modeling of the interacting pair number.
The author acknowledges the kind hospitality of the Warsaw University and the MCQMC’2010 conference organizers. The author would also like to thank Prof. Gennady Mikhailov and Dr. Aleksandr Burmistrov for valuable discussions.This work was partly supported by Russian Foundation for Basic Research (grants 09-01-00035, 09-01-00639, 11-01-00252) and SB RAS (Integration Grant No. 22).
- 1.Aldous, D.J.: Deterministic and stochastic models for coalescence (agregation and coagulation): a review of the mean-field theory for probabilists. Bernoulli, 5 (1), 3–48 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Gillespie, D.T.: The stochastic coalescence model for cloud droplet growth. J. Atmos. Sci. 29 (8), 1496–1510 (1972)Google Scholar
- 3.Korotchenko, M.A., Mikhailov, G.A., Rogasinsky, S.V.: Modifications of weighted Monte Carlo algorithms for nonlinear kinetic equations. Comp. Math. Math. Phys. 47 (12), 2023–2033 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Korotchenko, M.A., Mikhailov, G.A., Rogasinsky, S.V.: Value modifications of weighted statistical modeling for solving nonlinear kinetic equations. Russ. J. Numer. Anal. Math. Modelling, 22 (5), 471–486 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Lushnikov, A.A.: Some new aspects of coagulation theory. Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. Atmosfer. i Okeana, 14 (10), 738–743 (1978) [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 6.Mikhailov, G.A., Rogasinsky, S.V.: Weighted Monte Carlo methods for approximate solution of the nonlinear Boltzmann equation. Sib. Math. J. 43 (3), 496–503 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Mikhailov, G.A., Rogasinsky, S.V., Ureva, N.M.: Weighted Monte Carlo methods for an approximate solution of the nonlinear coagulation equation. Comp. Math. Math. Phys. 46 (4), 680–690 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Mikhailov, G.A., Voitishek, A.V.: Numerical Statistical Modelling (Monte Carlo Method). Akademia, Moscow (2006) [in Russian]Google Scholar