Optimization Techniques for QoS-Aware Workflow Realization in Web Services Context
With the evolution of Web services technologies, a lot has been done to answer users needs throughout service composition. Service selection is an important step of the service composition process. Multiple services functionally equivalent might be offered by different providers but characterized by different Quality of Service (QoS) values. Since the QoS of the selected services has an impact on the QoS of the produced composite service, the best set of services to be selected is the set that maximize the QoS of the composite service. In the literature, many approaches have been proposed for the QoS-aware service selection problem which has been formalized as an optimization problem. This paper is devoted to the presentation of some optimization techniques and their application to the service selection problem.
KeywordsService Composition Service Selection Composite Service Candidate Service Concrete Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Canfora, G., Di Penta, M., Esposito, R., Villani, M.: An approach for qos-aware service composition based on genetic algorithms. In: GECCO 2005: Proceedings of the 2005 Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1069–1075. ACM, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, W., Chang, C.K., Feng, T., Jiang, H.: Qos-based dynamic web service composition with ant colony optimization. In: IEEE 34th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference, pp. 493–502 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Izquierdo, D., Vidal, M.-E., Bonet, B.: An expressive and efficient solution to the service selection problem. In: Patel-Schneider, P.F., Pan, Y., Hitzler, P., Mika, P., Zhang, L., Pan, J.Z., Horrocks, I., Glimm, B. (eds.) ISWC 2010, Part I. LNCS, vol. 6496, pp. 386–401. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Chinneck, J.: Practical Optimization: a Gentle Introduction. online textbook (2000),http://www.sce.carleton.ca/faculty/chinneck/po.html
- 16.Zhang, C., Su, S., Chen, J.: A novel genetic algorithm for qos-aware web services selection. Data Engineering Issues in E-Commerce and Services, 224–235 (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Jaeger, M., Mühl, G.: Qos-based selection of services: The implementation of a genetic algorithm. In: KiVS Workshop, Service-Oriented Architectures and Service Oriented Computing, pp. 359–370 (2007)Google Scholar
- 19.Vanrompay, Y., Rigole, P., Berbers, Y.: Genetic algorithm-based optimization of service composition and deployment. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Services Integration in Pervasive Environments, SIPE 2008, pp. 13–18. ACM, New York (2008)Google Scholar