A Negotiation Method for Virtual Network Environments
A recent trend in solving the problems of Internet is to divide Internet into several virtual networks(VN) in application-level. However, this approach influences the efficiency and stability of underlay networks because of the selfish behavior of each virtual network. In the mean time, some control mechanisms are used to solve the problem of the whole network’s degradations by adapting physical routing in response to varying traffic flows. In this paper, to overcome the conflict, we introduce an adjustable strategy for infrastructure providers and service providers, which transferred the objective conflict problem into a re-optimization strategy. The simulation result shows that our method for conflict control improves the stability of the network and the method has better performance than before.
Keywordsvirtual network infrastructure provider service provider
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wang, N., Ho, K., Pavlou, G., Howarth, M.: An overview of routing optimization for internet traffic engineering. IEEE Surveys & Tutorials, 36–56 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Courcoubetis, C., Weber, R.R.: Economic Issues in Shared Infrastructures. In: ACM SIGCOMM VISA 2009, pp. 89–95 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Marquezan, C.C., Granville, L.Z., Nunzi, G., Brunner, M.: Distributed autonomic resource management for network virtualization. In: IEEE Network Operations and Allocation Symposium (NOMS), pp. 463–470 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Zaheer, F.-E., Xiao, J., Boutaba, R.: Multi-provider service negotiation and contracting in network virtualization. In: IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), pp. 471–478 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Carapinha, J., Jiménez, J.: Network virtualization a view from the bottom. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM workshop on Virtualized Infrastructure Systems and Architectures, pp. 73–80 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Jiang, W., Zhang-Shen, R., Rexford, J.: Cooperative content distribution and traffic engineering in an ISP network. In: Proceedings of the Eleventh International Joint Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, pp. 1–12 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Hausheer, D.: Auctions for virtual network environments. In: Workshop on Management of Network (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Ozianyi, V.G., Ventura, N., Jesus, V.: Virtual Network Capacity Expansion through Service Outsourcing. In: WCNC IEEE, pp. 3208–3213 (2008)Google Scholar