An Approximation Algorithm for MCDS Construction in Ad Hoc Networks
In wireless ad hoc networks, a minimum connected dominating set (MCDS) can be used as a virtual backbone to improve the performance of source allocation, enhance routing efficiency and prolong the system lifetime. In this paper, based on the relationships between a maximal independent set and a dominating set, adjacency matrix theory and greedy strategy, we propose an approximation algorithm MatrixMCDS for constructing MCDS in wireless ad hoc networks with small approximation ratio. We also give the correctness of proofs and complexity analysis of the proposed algorithm.
Keywordsad hoc networks minimum connected dominating set maximal independent set adjacency matrix greedy strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alzoubi, K.M.: Virtual backbone in wireless ad hoc networks. llinois Institute of Technology, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Cadei, M., Cheng, M.X., Cheng, X., Du, D.-Z.: Connected domination in ad hoc wireless networks. In: Proc. Sixth Internat. Conf. Computer Science and Informatics, CSI 2002 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Geng, S.-Y., Qu, W.-L., Wang, H.-P.: A course book of discrete mathematics. Beijing University Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Tang, Y., Zhou, M.-T.: Maximal independent set based distributed algorithm for minimum connected dominating set. Acta Electronic Sinica 35(5), 868–874 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, S.-H.: Graph Theory. Science Press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar