An Adaptive Distance Correction Localization Algorithm Based on RSSI for WSNs
In order to suppress effectively the effects of environmental factors on location precision, Gaussian model was used to get the final measured Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI). Based on improved the trilateration localization algorithm and the distance difference correction localization algorithm, the direction correction factor and distance threshold are defined, and a new adaptive distance correction localization algorithm are proposed. The experimental results showed that this algorithm could well improve the location precision, whose location error was less than 5.93%. Besides, this algorithm needn’t additional hardware spending, so it is quite practical for locating in most applications.
KeywordsRSSI distance threshold location precision Gaussian model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Madigan, D., Einahrawy, E., Martin, R., et al.: Bayesian indoor positioning systems. In: IEEE INFOCOM 2005, pp. 1217–1227 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, W., Li, W., et al.: Weighted Centroid Localization Algorithm Based on RSSI for Wireless Sensor Networks. Journal of Wuhan University of Technology 30(2), 256–268 (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, J.-Q., Liu, W., et al.: RSSI-Based Anti-interference WSN Positioning Algorithm. Journal of Northeastern University 31(5), 647–650 (2010) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Kwon, Y., Mechitov, K., Sundresh, S., et al.: Resilient localization for sensor networks in outdoor environments. In: Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems(ICDCS), Columbus, Ohio, USA, pp. 43–652 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Rappaport, T.S.: Wireless communications: principles and practice. Prentice Hall PTR (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, J.-W., Zhang, L., et al.: Research on Distance Measurement Based on RSSI of ZigBee. Chinese Journal of Sensors and Actuators 22(2), 285–288 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Sheng, Z., Xie, S.: rar -Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, pp. 94–95. High Education Press, Beijing (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, C.-A., Ma, Y.-Y., et al.: Implement of Weighted Centroid Localization Algorithm Based on RSSI. Journal of Taiyuan University of Technology 40(2) (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar