Seamless Integration of RZ-DPSK-DWDM Optical Links with MIMO-OFDM System for 4th Generation Wide-Area Coverage Mobile Communication
We introduce 10×10Gb/s RZ-DPSK-DWDM links in the architecture integration of MIMO-OFDM system. The optical communication performance and wireless communication performance is analyzed in the integrated system. The long distance transmission for RZ-DPSK WDM is done, and the demodulated RZ-DPSK signal is transformed to the binary data, which is given to MIMO-OFDM-QPSK wireless communication system. Two MIMO-OFDM-QPSK wireless system is designed with two transmit antennas and one receive antenna and four transmit antennas and one receive antenna. The BER performance of almost 10-3 is achieved at SNR of 11dB with four transmit antennas and one receive antenna which is better as compared to two transmit antennas and one receive antenna. The results prove that seamless integration of RZ-DPSK-DWDM optical links with MIMO-OFDM system is suitable to simultaneously offer higher receiver performance and simplify system configuration for 4th generation wide-Area coverage mobile communication.
KeywordsDWDM RZ-DPSK MIMO OFDM 4G
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Special issue on IMT-2000: Standards efforts of the ITU. IEEE Pers. Commun. 4, 8–40 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Goel, A., Mishra, R.S.: Remote Data Acquisition using Wireless SCADA System. International Journal of Engineering 3, 58–65 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Shao, Y., Chi, N., Zhang, J., Fang, W., Huang, B., Tao, L.: A novel scheme for seamless integration of ROF system with OFDM-CPM WDM passive optical network. IEEE Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC), OWT4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Shao, Y., Huang, B., Chi, N., Zhang, J., Fang, W., Liu, B., Xin, X.: A Novel Subcarrier OFDM-MSK WDM Passive Optical Network. In: IEEE Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC), OTuO4 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Shao, Y., Chi, N.: Generation of OFDM-MSK signal and its application for radio over fiber system in future access network. IEEE CMC, 206–209 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhu, J., Wen, S., Shao, Y., Wen, H., Wang, Z.: Full diversity concatenation space-time coding over time-selective block Rayleigh fading channels via duality. In: IEEE WiCOM, pp. 1–5 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Paulraj, A.J., Nabar, R.U., Gore, D.A.: Introduction to Space-Time Wireless Communications. Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge (2003)Google Scholar