Optimizing Compressive Sensing in the Internet of Things
In order to save cost of sensors in the process of transmitting information and gathering data, Compressive Sensing(CS), as a novel and effective signal transform technology, has been used gradually in the Internet of Things(IOT). This paper presents an optimizing method of CS in real applications of IOT. Compared to the traditional CS techniques that the sparsity of the signal need to be known, this algorithm can effective solve the actual issue that a lot of signals’ sparsities usually could not be known in advance. According to experiments in the cases of both random distribution and Gauss distribution of signals, our algorithm is proved to be effective. Especially, when the amount of the sampling is 30 (the dimension of the data is 256) and the sparsity is unknown, the relative error is only 1.5%.
KeywordsCompressive Sensing the Internet of Things Wireless Sensor Network Sparse signal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Candes, E.: The Restricted Isometry Property and its Implications for Compressed Sensing. In: Compte Rendus de l’Academie des Sciences, Paris. Series I, vol. 346, pp. 589–592 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Candés, E.J., Romberg, J., Tao, T.: Robust uncertainty principles: Exact signal re-construction from highly incomplete frequency information. Submitted to IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory (June 2004); Available on theArXiV preprint server:math.GM/0409186Google Scholar
- 4.Candés, E.J., Tao, T.: Decoding by linear programming. Submitted to IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory (December 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Candés, E.J., Tao, T.: Near-optimal signal recovery from random projections and universal encoding strategies. Submitted to IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory (November 2004); Available on the ArXiV preprint server: math.CA/0410542Google Scholar
- 10.Strohmer, T., Hermann, M.: Compressed Sensing Radar. In: IEEE Proc. Int. Conf. Acoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing 2008, pp. 1509–1512 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Tadmor, E.: Numerical methods for nonlinear partial differential equations. In: Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Tauböck, G., Hlawatsch, F., Rauhut, H.: Compressive Estimation of Doubly Selective Channels: Exploiting Channel Sparsity to Improve Spectral Efficiency in Multicarrier Transmissions (2009)Google Scholar