Face Recognition System in Cell Phones Based on Text Message Service
Face Recognition is a task human performs remarkably easily and successfully. This technology being easy to use, non-intrusive and simple to implement with less hardware requirements has a great advantage over other conventional biometrics. The goal of our work is to present face recognition with the help of sms/text messaging service on mobile platform to enlarge the scope of face recognition in the field of social security. This paper is aimed to help people recognizing any suspects or criminals as well as informing the concerned authorities with the help of sms. The use of mobile based platform gives the portability and versatility to this project. We plan to introduce the sms based face recognition technique which makes the work more scalable and also eliminates the use of GPRS or any other similar services, which is availed by less number of people compared to the total number of cell phone users.
KeywordsSMS non-invasive principle component analysis eigen face
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huffman, D.A.: A Method for the Construction of Minimum-Redundancy Codes. In: Proceedings of the I.R.E., pp. 1098–1102 (September 1952) Huffman’s original articleGoogle Scholar
- 2.Cormen, T.H., Leiserson, C.E., Rivest, R.L., Stein, C.: Introduction to Algorithms, 2nd edn., Section 16.3, pp. 385–392. MIT Press and McGraw-Hill (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Pissarenko, D.: Eigenface-based facial recognition (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Acharya, T., Ray, A.: Image Processing: Principles and Applications. Wiley (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Nelson, M., Jean, L.G.: The Data Compression Book, 2nd edn. IDG Books Worldwide, Inc., Cambridge (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Hashemian, R.: Direct Huffman Code and Decoding Using The Table of Code-Lengths. Northen Illionis University (2005) (unpublished thesis)Google Scholar
- 7.Bradski, G., Kaehler, A.: O’Reilly Learning OpenCV, 1st edn. (2008)Google Scholar