A Novel Face Recognition Method Using PCA, LDA and Support Vector Machine
Here an efficient and novel approach was considered as a combination of PCA, LDA and support vector machine. This method consists of three steps: I) dimension reduction using PCA, ii) feature extraction using LDA, iii) classification using SVM. Combination of PCA and LDA is used for improving the capability of LDA when new samples of images are available and SVM is used to reduce misclassification caused by not linearly separable classes.
KeywordsDimension Reduction Feature Extraction Classification Support Vector Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Etemad, K., Chellappa, R.: Discriminant Analysis for Recognition of Human Face Images. Journal of Optical Society of America A, 1724–1733 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Yan, S., Xu, D., Yang, Q., Zhang, L.: Multi linear Discriminant Analysis for Face Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 16(1) (January 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Jain, A., Bolle, R., Pankanti, S. (eds.): BIOMETRIC – Personal Identification in Networked Society. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Solar, J.R., Navarreto, P.: Eigen space-based face recognition: a comparative study of different approaches. IEEE Tran., Systems Man and Cybernetics- Part C: Applications 35(3) (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Chang, C., Lin, C.: LIBSVM: A Library for Support Vector Machines (2001), http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm