Systematic Verification of Operational Flight Program through Reverse Engineering
Software reverse engineering is an engineering process analyzing a system for specific purposes such as identifying interrelationship between system components or reorganizing the system structure. The HELISCOPE project aims to develop an unmanned helicopter and its on-flight embedded computing system for navigation and real-time transmission of motion video using wireless communication schemes. The OFP (Operational Flight Program) in HELISCOPE project keeps only informal and non-standardized documents and has made us difficult to analyze and test it thoroughly. This paper introduces a verification plan through reverse engineering to get over the difficulties, and we share an experimentation about a small portion of the plan to the HELISCOPE OFP.
KeywordsOperational Flight Program Verification Reverse Engineering Testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kim, D.H., Nodir, K., Chang, C.H., Kim, J.G.: HELISCOPE Project: Research Goal and Survey on Related Technologies. In: The Proceeding of 12th IEEE International Symposium on Object /Component / Service-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC), Tokyo, pp. 112–118 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, D.-A., Yoo, J., Kim, D.: Formal Verification of Process Communications in Operational Flight Program for a Small-Scale Unmanned Helicopter. In: The 6th International Conference on Intelligent Unmanned Systems (ICIUS 2010), Bali, Indonesia, pp. 91–96 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, D.-A., Sung, S., Yoo, J., Kim, D.-H.: Formal Modeling and Verification of Operational Flight Program in a Small-Scale Unmanned Helicopter. Journal of Aerospace Engineering (accepted, 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Pezze, M., Young, M.: Software testing and analysis: process, principles, and techniques. Wiley (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, K.H., Kopetz, H.: A Real-Time Object Model RTO.k and an Experimental Investigation of Its Potentials. In: 18th IEEE Computer Software & Applications Conference, Los Alamitos, pp. 392–402 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Martin, J., McClure, C.: Diagramming Techniques for Analysts and Programmers. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1985)Google Scholar
- 13.Yourdon, E.: Modern structured analysis. Yourdon Press (1989)Google Scholar
- 15.QNX Software Systems, http://www.qnx.com
- 16.gcov—a Test Coverage Program, http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Gcov.html