A Study on Compatibility between ISM Equipment and GPS System
This paper describes radio interference analysis between Global Positioning System (GPS) and Industrial Scientific Medical (ISM) equipment. Due to increase of the usage of ISM equipment, the potential possibility of interference from ISM equipment to GPS system which used for safety life has been increasing. For the interference analysis between ISM equipment and GPS system, the scenario that GPS receiver operates in close to ISM equipment was set up. Then, protection distance between GPS receiver and ISM equipment was calculated in order to protect GPS system. The analysis result will be helpful for providing stable operation of GPS system.
KeywordsInterference analysis GPS ISM Protection distance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CISPR : Industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) radio-frequency equipment-Electromagnetic disturbance characteristics limits and methods of measurement. CISPR Publication 11 (June 2004) Google Scholar
- 3.ERC Report 104, : Compatibility between Mobile Radio Systems operating in The range 450-470MHz and Digital Video Broadcasting-Terrestrial (DVB-T) System operating in UHF TV Channel 21 (470-478MHz), ECC within CEPT, p. 54 (June 2007) Google Scholar
- 4.ERC Report 101, : A comparison of the minimum coupling loss method, enhanced minimum coupling loss method, and the monte-carlo simulation, ERC, pp. 25–26 (May 1999) Google Scholar
- 5.Dafesh, P.A., Hanson, P., Yowell, R.: A portable UWB to GPS emission simulator. IEEE, 405–413 (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Reynolds, M., Rhodes, A., Klein, J.: PMSE Spectrum Usage Right & Interference Analysis. SEAMCAT, 14 (June 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.CEPT Administrations, : Monte-Carlo Simulation methodology for the use in sharing and compatibility studies between different radio services or systems, ERC within the CEPT (February 2000) Google Scholar
- 8.ECO : SEAMCAT Handbook, CEPT, p. 56 (January 2010)Google Scholar