Performance Evaluation of DAB, DAB+ and T-DMB Audio: Field Trial
This paper presents the field trial results of digital audio broadcasting (DAB), DAB+ and terrestrial-digital multimedia broadcasting (T-DMB) audio systems to provide useful information about each digital radio broadcasting standard. Although the all methods are representative digital radio broadcasting standards based on Eureka-147, they have different parts from each other. This field trial results describe a reception performance of each method in various practical reception environments. To evaluate reception performance, various measurement routes are considered. These test results are able to give basic information for the choice of digital radio standard in many countries.
KeywordsDAB DAB+ T-DMB audio field trial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ETSI EN 300 401, Radio broadcasting systems: digital audio broadcasting (DAB) to mobile, portable and fixed receivers, ETSI, Tech. Rep. (February 1995)Google Scholar
- 2.ETSI TS 102 427 V1.1.1, Digital audio broadcasting (DAB); Data broadcasting - MPEG-2 TS streaming, ETSI (July 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.ETSI TS 102 563 V1.1.1, Digital audio broadcasting (DAB); Transport of advanced audio coding audio, ETSI (February 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.iBiquity Digital, HD RadioTM air interface design description series, (August 2007)Google Scholar
- 5.ETSI ES 201 980 V2.2.1, Digital radio mondiale (DRM) system specification, ETSI (August 2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Lee, Y.-T., Park, S., Baek, M.-S., Lee, Y.-H., Lim, B.-M., Song, Y.-J.: Field trials of digital radio technologies: DAB, DAB+, T-DMB audio, HD Radio and DRM+. In: Proceeding of NAB BEC 2011, pp. 255–262 (April 2011)Google Scholar