Load Frequency Control: A Polar Fuzzy Approach
The Performance of a Fuzzy logic controller is limited by its large number of rules and if the rules are large then computation time and requirement of memory is large. This problem is compensated by using Polar Fuzzy logic controller. So a Polar Fuzzy logic controller is proposed for the load frequency control problem. The aim of the Polar Fuzzy Controller is to restore the frequency and tie-line power in a smooth way to its nominal value in the shortest possible time if any load disturbance is applied. System performance is examined and compared with a standard Fuzzy logic controller, and conventional controllers.
KeywordsFuzzy Controller Proportional Integral Controller Fuzzy Logic Controller Proportional Integral Derivative Proportional Integral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chaturvedi, D.K.: Electrical Machines Lab Manual with Matlab Programs. University Science Press, New Delhi (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Moon, Y.H., Ryu, H.S., Kim, B., Kim, S., Park, S.C.: Fuzzy logic based extended integral control for load frequency con. IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting 3, 1289–1293 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Anand, B., Jeyakumar, A.E.: Load frequency control with fuzzy logic controller considering non-linearities and boiler dyna. ICGST-ACSE Journal 8, 15–20 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Mathur, H.D., Manjunath, H.V.: Study of dynamic performance of thermal units with asynchronous tie-lines using fuzzy based cont. Journal of Electrical System 3, 124–130 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Chaturvedi, D.K.: Modeling and Simulation of Systems Using Matlab@/Simulink@. CRC Press, New York (2009) Google Scholar
- 7.Das, D., Kothari, M.L., Kothari, D.P., Nanda, J.: Variable structure control strategy to automatic generation control of interconnected reheat thermal systems. Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. Contr. Theory App. 138(6), 579–585 (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Ogata, K.: Modern control engineering. PHI Publication (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Moon, Y.H., Ryu, H.S., Choi, B.K., Cho, B.H.: Modified PID load frequency control with the consideration of valve position limits. IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting 1, 701–706 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Nanda, J., Mangla, A.: Automatic generation control of an interconnected hydro-thermal system using conventional integral and fuzzy logic controller. In: IEEE International Conference on Electric Utility Deregulation, Restructuring and Power Technologies, vol. 1, pp. 372–377 (2004) Google Scholar
- 13.Kundur, P.: Power system stability and control. TMH Publication (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Chaturvedi, D.K., Malik, O.P., Choudhury, U.K.: Polar fuzzy adaptive power system stabilizer. J. of The Institution of Engineers 90, 35–45 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Nagrath, I.J., Kothari, D.P.: Power System Engineering. TMH Publication (2005) Google Scholar