Article 15: Collaborative Arrangements
The involvement of a wide range of actors representing the whole spectrum of society is considered to be a key factor in the protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expressions. In order to draft strategies that are successful in the long run, it is absolutely necessary to bring the different actors together in equitable and mutually beneficial cooperation structures. This is particularly important in situations in which developing countries are involved.
KeywordsPrivate Sector Civil Society International Cooperation Independent Expert World Commission
- Commonwealth Foundation. (2008). Putting culture first. Commonwealth perspectives on culture and development. http://www.commonwealthfoundation.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket= 16LU0GdSEto%3D&tabid=247.
- Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Danida. (2002). Culture and development. Strategy and guidelines. amg.um.dk/nr/rdonlyres/cdd5dfad-55ab-4fbb-aaaf-5c2146a073aa/0/hele_engelsk.pdf.
- Sida. (2006). Culture and media in development cooperation. http://www.google.de/url?sa=t& source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sida.se%2F shared%2Fjsp%2Fdownload.jsp%3Ff%3DSIDA30665en_Policy-Culture.pdf%26a%3D25665 &rct=j&q=Sida.%20Culture%20and%20media%20in%20development%20cooperation&ei= EAqTTqjRIcvbsga7rpkW&usg=AFQjCNFHoqFiu19UnsmiFPcnZVDnBl--HQ&cad=rja.
- Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation/AECID. (2007). Spanish strategy for culture and development cooperation. www.culturaydesarrollo2010.es/arxius/documentacio/aecid_ culture_E_development_strategy_2007.pdf.
- Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation/AECID/European Commission. (2010). International seminar on “Culture and development”. Girona, 4th and 5th of May 2010. Conclusions document. www.culturaydesarrollo2010.es/arxius/documentacio/Conclusiones_ EN3.pdf.
- UNCTAD/UNDP. (2008). Creative economy report 2008. The challenge of assessing the creative economy: towards informed policy-making. http://www.unctad.org/en/docs/ditc20082cer_en.pdf.
- World Commission on Culture and Development. (1995). Our creative diversity. Paris: UNESCO.Google Scholar