High-Precision Direct Geolocation Based on Estimation of View Vector Error
Through the example of SPOT satellites, this paper analyzes the relationship between the view vector error and the error of direct geolocation. A precise estimation formula for view vector error is derived theoretically. Based on this formula, a high-precision direct geolocation method is proposed, together with an exact, step-by-step procedure. With only a few ground control points (GCPs), this method can estimate precisely the view vector error, achieving the purpose of precise, zero-control-point geolocation of other scenes of the same orbit in a certain time interval. The results of experiments and comparative analysis show that this method is an effective, high-precision direct geolocation method with sparse GCPs.
KeywordsDigital Elevation Model Satellite Orbit View Angle Ground Control Point Remote Sensing Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dimap Dictionary, SPOTView profile (Version 1.1.3) (accessed May 9, 2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Goncalves, J., Downman, I.: Precise orientation of SPOT panchromatic images with tie points to a SAR image. In: Proc. Photogrammetric Computer Vision, ISPRS Commission III Symp., Graz, Austria, vol. 34(3A), pp. 125–130 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Ning, X.G., Zhang, X.D., Hu, J.G.: Strict Geometric Correction of SPOT5 Image. Journal of Geomatics 01, 43–45 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Riazanoff, S.: SPOT Satellite geometry handbook (2002), http://www.spotimage.fr (accessed January 15, 2002)
- 5.Wei, D.: High Precision Location of MODIS Data. Dissertation, University of Tsinghua (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Westin, T.: Precision Rectification of SPOT Imagery. Photogrammetric Engineering Remote Sensing 52(2), 247–253 (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Yan, Q., Zhang, J.X.: Assessment of SPOT 5 Image Position Accuracy with Apare GCPs. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Spatio-temporal Modeling, Spatial Reasoning, Analysis, Data Mining and Data Fusion, Peking University, China (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Yue, Q.X., Qiu, Z.G., Zhang, C.L., Jia, Y.H.: A Ground Point Positioning Method of SPOT5 with a Little Control Points Remote. Sensing Information 02, 6–9 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, B.: High Precision Location of Remote Sensing Data of Polar Orbit Meteorological Satellite. Dissertation, University of Tsinghua (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang, G.: Rectification for High Resolution Remote Sensing Image under Lack of Ground Control Points. Dissertation, University of Wuhan (2005)Google Scholar