An ECG Signal Processing System Based on MATLAB and MIT-BIH
Massachusetts Institute of Technology created MIT-BIH Arrhythmia Database in 1980. In this database, the ECG signal is stored and transported in MITBIT format, which has been an important universal format standard. The database contains abundant typical cases with detailed annotations, thus enjoys international impact. To save storages space, MIT-BIH database adopt a specific-defined format, storing each ECG signal data in a sealed file respectively, therefore unable to conduct large scale based on content. In order to query the MIT-BIH ECG data and images, this paper mainly concerns this problem. We propose to use MATLAB to read MIT-BIH ECG signals, then store them in SQL database, again, apply the MAT-LAB software to access the information stored in the SQL providing a novel and convenient method for other software to access, use and revise the MIT-BIT ECG signal. The proposed method can ensure the convenient communication and also facilitate the task of data mining for the ECG signals.
KeywordsHead File International Impact Save Storage Space Convenient Communication Lead Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Moody, C.B., Mark, R.G.: The Impact of the MIT-BIH Arrhythmia Database. IEEE Eng. Med. Biol.Mag. 120(3), 40–60 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Moody, G.B.: WFDB Applications Guide, 10th edn., Havard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology (May 5, 2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, S.-M., Pan, Y., Li, Q., Meng, Y., Sun, W.-H., Zhang, Y.-H., Li, X., Qi, Y., Zhu, X.-L.: Establishment of 12 - lead Synchronous ECG Database Based on Virtual Instrument. Journal of Biomedical Engineering Research 27, 400–404 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Q., Zhang, Z.-G.: Installation of Electrocardiogram Database with HL7. Chinese Journal of Biomedical Engineering 27(3) (June 2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Xinlin: The Design and Implementation of 12-Lead ECG Database Generating System. ShanDong Ocean University of China (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Song, X.-G., Deng, Q.-K.: On the Format of MIT-BIH Arrhythmia Database. Chinese Journal of Medical Physics 21(4) (July 2004)Google Scholar