Analysis of Spatial Interpolation Methods
On the basis of introduction the basic theory of spatial interpolation., this paper is systematic analysis of several commonly used spatial interplolation methods; In addition to this, comparing and summarizing several methods through studing and researching on the range, merit and shortcoming, interpolation accuracy and so on. Design the specific processes of Inverse Distance Weighed and Kriging etc. and explores options for specific interpolation cases combined experimental test. The end of the paper summary and outlook the future research direction of spatial interpolation areas, provide a useful reference for development and application of spatial interpolation methods.
KeywordsOrdinary Kriging Inverse Distance Weight Spatial Interpolation Geographic Information System Spline Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wu, L., Liu, Y., et al.: Principle means application of GIS. Science press, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Chang, K.-T.: Introduction to Geographic Information Systems. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, X., Cheng, G.D., Lu, L.: Comparison of spatial interpolation methods. Advance in Earth Science 15, 260–265 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, S.P., Lu, X.B.: Introduction to Geographic Information Systems. Science press (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Qin, T., Fu, Z.T.: Comparison of several spatial interpolation methods in ArcGIS computing techniques for geophysical and geochemical exploration, vol. 1, pp. 72–75 (2007)Google Scholar