A New Design of Large Aperture Telescope Drive System
The drive system used in large aperture astronomic telescope has some particular demands such as smooth operation, high accuracy, good repetitiveness, etc. Traditional friction or gear drive system has some nonlinear disturbs that are hard to be eliminated. A new drive control system based on a permanent magnetic alternating current motor integrates the motor and the load, that is to say, the transmission part between them is deleted. The motor is composed of several segment motors which assembled equispacedly and can work independently and synchronously. The actuating force acts on the whole structure, rather than only gear or master wheel. Muti-motor synchronizing and segment motor control method are discussed in the paper.
Keywordsdrive system permanent magnetic alternating current motor segment motor large aperture telescope intelligent control method Muti-motor synchronizing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheng, J.: Principles of astronomical telescope design. China science & Technology Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Thirty Meter Telescope Gallery moving mess [EB/OL], http://www.tmt.org/gallery/renderings
- 3.Wang, D.: Direct drive control technology and methods. In: Cui, X. (ed.) 2002 Proceedings of China Astronomical Telescopes and Instruments Symposium, pp. 313–318. China science & Technology Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Lv, X.: The design of 4-meter fast tracking telescope azimuth drive system. Nanjing Institute of Astronomical Optics & Technology Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Gong, Y.: The simulation and realization of AC PMSM servo system. Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Peng, J.: Precision motion control of multiple stepping motors. Harbin University of Science and Technology, Harbin (2009)Google Scholar