On the Design of GPS Based Vehicle Ranging and Collision Avoidance System
Discussed in this paper is a GPS based vehicle ranging scheme to deal with some disadvantages existing in other present systems. These disadvantages include short sensing distance, easily being interfered, and high cost. A design model of a vehicle collision preventing system is then proposed based on this ranging scheme. Each vehicle locates itself and communicates via wireless communications channels with other vehicles in surrounding area. In addition, supersonic distance measurement is employed to enhance the short distance measurement capability and to increase accuracy. Also included in the system design are a LCD display and a buzzer to generate visual and audio alarm information.
KeywordsWireless Transceiver Request Node Collision Avoidance System Front Vehicle Wireless Communication Channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hu, Y.: Current Status and Development Trend of Automobile Anticollision System. Mechanical Engineering and Automation, 214–216 (2010) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 2.Xie, J.: Research on active safety based on multi-vehicle collaboration perception, pp. 68–73. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai (2009) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 3.Wei, Y.: Solution of Distance Between Two Points Considering Curvature of the Earth. Aero Weaponry 7–12 (2008) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 4.Xiong, Z., Li, H., Lai, S.: GPS technology and engineering application. National Defence Industry Press, Beijing (2005) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 5.Xu, Z., Ye, F., Tan, H., et al.: The design and application of vehicle speed sensor based on GPS and PIC16F877 microcontroller. Sichuan Ordnance Journal, 1–4 (2009) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 6.Li, B., Jia, W., Zhao, Q.: Design of global positioning system based on MSP430. Manufacturing Automation, 61–63 (2010) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 7.Yang, Q., Pang, S., Yang, C., et al.: Variable rate irrigation control system integrated with GPS and GIS. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agriculture Engineering, 134–136 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, S., Yan, G., Shi, X.: Design of Supersonic Assistance Driving in Vehicle. Heibei Jiaotong Science And Technology, 61–64 (2010) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu, Q.: The Research on automobile anti-collision warning and cruise system, pp. 4–14. Hefei University of Technology, Hefei (2009) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, R.: Research on Protocol Stack in Wireless Sensor Network, pp. 15–45. Dalian University of Technology, Dalian (2007) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 11.Challita, G., Mousset, S., Nashashibi, F., Bensrhair, A.: An application of V2V communications Cooperation of vehicles for a better car tracking using GPS and vision systems. In: IEEE Vehiclar Networking Conference, Tokyo (October 2009)Google Scholar