Study on the Echo Cancellation Technology for DVB-T Repeater
A scheme of actualizing echo cancellation on digital TV repeater using joint channel estimation is proposed based on the analysis of the echo interference in digital video broadcasting for digital terrestrial television (DVB-T) repeater. In order to realize coarse estimation by the correlation principle of CAZAC code, a train sequence CAZAC code is first added in repeater system. Then, we adopt LMS algorithm to trace the character of channel simultaneously and the cancellation signals which is close to the echo signals are produced by coupling the signal of the transmitter. Finally echo cancellation is realized by subtracting the cancellation signals from the received signals. Simulation results show the favorable performance in echo cancellation and a broad utilization prospect in practical application.
KeywordsChannel Estimation Training Sequence Coarse Estimation OFDM Signal Repeater System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Digital video broadcasting (DVB); framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television, ETSI EN 300 744 V1.5.1, European Telecommunications Standards Institute (November 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Slingsby, W.T., McGeehan, J.P.: Antenna isolation measurements for on-frequency radio repeater. IEEE International Conference on Antennas and Propagation Digest 1, 234–239 (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Hamazumi, H., Imamura, K.: A Loop Interference Canceler for the Relay Stations in an Single Frequency Network for Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting[R/OL]. NHK STRL. (2000) (2000-11-30)[2006-01–01]Google Scholar
- 4.Nasr, K.M., Cosmas, J., Bard, M., Gledhill, J.: An Echo Canceller for DVB-T/H On-Channel Repeaters. In: IEEE 65th Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC 2007, April 22-25, pp. 639–643 (Spring 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Yoo, T., Woo, D., Kim, J., Ha, S., Van, J., Lee, J.: Wireless repeating interference cancellation using signed-DLMS adaptive algorithm. In: The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Conference & Workshop, vol. 30(1) (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Sakai, H., Oka, T., Hayashi, K.: A simple adaptive filter method for cancellation of coupling wave in OFDM signals at SFN relay station. In: Proc. 14th European Signal Processing Conf., EUSIPCO 2006 (September 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.COST207 Management Committee, European Commission, Digital Land Mobile Radio Communications (Final Report) (1989)Google Scholar