An Air Traffic Flow Analysis System Using Historical Radar Data
The statistics and analysis of historical air traffic flow are significant for Air Traffic Flow Management. In this paper, we propose a system design and implementation solution for analyzing air traffic flow based on historical 4-D radar tracking data. Using database and Object-Oriented programming technology, radar data is successively analyzed and extracted into flow data of smaller spatial dimension and time dimension with multiple granularities. Air traffic flow statistics are generated by automatic database procedures and can be inquired flexibly. Field test shows that hundreds of thousands of lines of raw data can be analyzed efficiently in an hour and user interface is friendly.
KeywordsTraffic Flow Radar Data Traffic Analysis Flow Table Track Information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheng, P., Cui, D.G., Wu, C.: Information integration based air traffic control command monitoring system-ATCCMS. Journal of Management Sciences In China 4, 34–40 (2001) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Ying, P.: Research on Air Traffic Flow Statistics, Prediction System and the Evaluation of Airspace Capacity. In: Transportation Planning and Management, Master, pp. 30–39. Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, X.H., Han, F., Dai, F.Q.: Design and Implementation of Air Traffic Flow Statistics and Prediction System. Journal of Civil Aviation University of China 4, 1–5 (2005) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Xiang, T.C., Cui, D.G.: Air Traffic Flow Management System Based on Data Warehouse Technique. Computer Engineering and Applications, 135–137 (2001) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Luo, M., Cui, D.G.: Application of Data Warehouse Technic in ATFMS. Computer Engineering and Applications, 254–256 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar