A Method of Regular Objects Recognition from 3D Laser Point Cloud
Outside and inside scenes are usually made of regular surfaces such as plane, spherical surface, cylindrical surface, and so on. While we capture 3D data of the real scenes using the laser scanner, 3D laser point cloud includes a lot of, regular surfaces. So we presented a method recognizes the plane, spherical and cylindrical surface based on normal and curvature. We used Coordinate Transformation method (CT) to solve normal and curvature; used linear octree improve the computing efficiency of general CT method. We gave the experiment for testing the robustness of the algorithm.
KeywordsPoint Cloud Principal Curvature NURBs Curve Regular Surface Point Cloud Curvature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Vosselman, G., Gorte, B.G., Sithole, G., et al.: Recognising Structure in Laser Scanner Point Cloud. In: International Archives of Photogrammetry. Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Khoshelham, K.: Extending Generalized Hough Transform to Detect 3D Objects in LASER Range Data. In: ISPRS Workshop on Laser Scanning and SilviLaser (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Chang, W.J., Yong, C., Jiang, G., Han, X.D.: Research on point clouds section divi-sion technology based on support vector machine. Machinery 1 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Liang, J.H., Liu, H.X., Wang, X.: Modeling of Discrete Data Based on Characteristic Curves Extracted by Curvature. Machine Tool & Hydraulics 9 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Sun, W., Bradly, C., Zhang, Y.F., Loh, H.T.: Cloud data modeling employing a untied non-redundant triangular mesh. Computer Aided Design (33), 183–193 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, X.M., Wang, P.J., Chen, J.H., Zhang, X.F., Zhou, J.: An Algorithm of Approximation of 3D Scattered Data with Triangular Meshes. Computer Engineering And Design 2 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Su, X.: Surface reconstruction research from scattered data in Reverse Engineering. Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nan Jing (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, T.: Data blocking and rules surface fitting algorithm in Reverse Engineering. Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nan Jing (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Mei, X.M., Huang, Z.J.: Differential Geometry. Higher Education Press, BeiJing (1988)Google Scholar