Visual Simulation of Helicopter Landing on Ship Based on ODE
In order to simulate the helicopter landing on ship, the article creates physical models for a helicopter and a ship. The problems of the collision detection and the friction computation between the helicopter and the ship are resolved. Using the Open Dynamics Engine (ODE), an open source physics simulation engine, the process of helicopter landing on ship is simulated. In addition, using a visual simulation engine Delta 3D (DT3D), a visual program is developed. The visual simulation indicates that the ODE is suitable for the dynamics physics simulation of helicopter landing on ship.
KeywordsHelicopter ship Landing ODE Visual simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Smith, R.: Open Dynamics Engine v0.5 Use Guide (unpublished)Google Scholar
- 2.Open Dynamics Engine, http://ode.org/ode.html
- 3.Helicopter Landing Ship: Undercarriage Strength and the Role of the Human Factor. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering 132, (February 2010) Google Scholar
- 4.Delta 3D Engine, http://www.delta3d.org
- 5.Gao, S., Cheng, X.Q.: The Design and Application of Pilot Simulator System Based on OGRE and ODE. Traffic and Computer 24(1), 101–128 (2006)Google Scholar