Research on Simulation of Aircraft Electric Braking System
More/all electric aircraft (M/A EA) technology is considered to be the future development trend in the aviation industry. However, Aircraft Anti-skid Braking System (ABS) is a key subsystem of M/A EA. With the background of the development of ABS, an aircraft electric braking system is designed to be used in ABS. The paper describes the principles of the work and the features of the aircraft electric braking system, mainly focusing on the motor of the actuating section used in electric braking system. According to the analysis result, the actuating section—math model of the Electro-Mechanical Actuator (EMA) has been established and simulated in MATLAB/SIMULINK. Furthermore, based on the features of the electric braking system, dual-channel model of the whole ABS has been established and studied. The results of the simulation indicates that: the performances of the designed electric braking system gains an advantage over hydraulic braking system obviously; it can reflect the real braking process the aircraft, and the model of the whole system is correct and reasonable.
KeywordsBrake System Iterative Learn Control Landing Gear Hydraulic Actuator Aircraft Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xu, D., Li, Y.: Research on Modeling and Simulation of Aircraft Anti-Skid Braking System. Control Technology 23(11), 66–67 (2004) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 2.Tarter, J.F.: Electric Brake System Modeling and Simulation. SAE 911200 (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Geiger, M., Macy, W.: Demonstration of an Electrically Actuated Brake with Torque Feedback. SAE 961299 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, Y.: Researches on Electric Brake of Aircraft Based on Iterative Learning Control, Doctor degree of NWPU (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Liang, B.: Simulation of Aircraft Electrical Hydrostatic Actuator Anti-skid Braking Control System. Northwestern Polytechnic University (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Trosen, C.D.W., Cannon, B.J.: Electric Actuation and Control System. IEEE (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Yuan, Z., Wang, Y.: A design of airplane’s integrated ground directional system with fuzzy control. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar