Comparison of Nonlinear Analysis of RC Cross-Section Based on Timoshenko with Higher-Order Shear Deformation Beam Theory
Based on Timoshenko beam theory and Higher-order shear deformation beam theory respectively, a section model for the nonlinear analysis of reinforced concrete beam with both shear and transverse deformation considered is presented in this paper. To eliminate the cracks checking of concrete material, the constitutive model proposed by Stevens etc. is adopted. Simulations about pure bending tests and concentrated loading with different shear-span ratios tests have been made to validate the theoretical model proposed in this paper. The analytical results of the two theories are both in good agreement with experimental data and have also been compared with each other.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guner, S., Vecchio, F.J.: Pushover Analysis of Shear-Critical Frames: Formulation. ACI Structural Journal 107, 63–71 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Stevens, N.J., Uzumeri, S.M., Collins, M.P., et al.: Constitutive model for reinforced concrete finite element analysis. ACI Structural Journal 88, 49–59 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Timoshenko, S.P.: On the correction for shear in differential equations for transverse viberation of prismatic bars. Philos. Mag. 641, 744–746 (1921)Google Scholar
- 6.Xie, Y.L., Li, S.K., Yan, D.D., et al.: The shear strength of concrete beams without stirrups under concentrated loads. In: Research Reports on Reinforced Concrete Structures. Tongji University (1981) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Ye, Y.H., Diao, B.: Nonlinear Analysis of Concrete Structures. Harbin Institute of Technology Press (1996)Google Scholar