Design and Implementation of MPI-Based Communication Mechanism in HPC-RTI
HPC-RTI (High Performance Computing Runtime Infrastructure), the RTI for High-Level Architecture, which executes on high performance computing platform, can achieve better performance than common RTI. In our HPC-RTI, a high speed communication layer based MPI is designed to reduce the communication latency. In this layer, a new process merge method is provided to implement the dynamicMPI process management, and a message sending/receiving mechanism is presented in detail. By this mechanism, message passing latency can be reduced, and network bandwidth can be better utilized. The preliminary experiment results show that this high performance communication layer is well suited for high performance distributed simulation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adelantado, M.: Hpcerti: Towards a high performance, high availability open source rti for composable simulations. In: 2004 Fall Simulation Interoperability Workshop (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Fujimoto, R.: Design of high performance rti software. In: Distributed Simulation and Real-Time Applications, DS-RT 2000 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.IEEE: Ieee standard for modeling and simulation (m&s) high level architecture (hla) - framework and rules. IEEE Std. 1516-2000 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.IEEE: Ieee standard for modeling and simulation [m&s] high level architecture [hla] - federate interface specification. IEEE Std 1516.1-2000 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE: Ieee standard for modeling and simulation (m&s) high level architecture (hla)-object model template (omt) specification. IEEE Std 1516.2-2000 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.IEEE: Ieee standard for modeling and simulation (m&s) high level architecture (hla)– federate interface specification. IEEE Std 1516.1-2010 (Revision of IEEE Std 1516.1-2000) (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Noulard, E., Rousselot, J.Y., Siron, P.: Certi, an open source rti, why and how. In: Fall Simulation Interoperability Workshop (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Steinman, J., Blank, G., Brutocao, J., et al.: Design of the hpc-rti for the high level architecture. In: Proceedings of the Fall Simulation Interoperability Workshop (1999)Google Scholar