The Research on Cylindrical Panoramic Projection and Real-Time Rotation Using GPU
Cylindrical projection is one of the most common projection methods used in photographic virtual reality. In this paper, we study and realize cylindrical panoramic projection and real-time rotation using GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), which adopts CUDA technology. These algorithms mainly include cylindrical projection based on the horizontal plane image, the image real-time rotation, the tangent plane projection and pixel interpolation using GPU. Experiment results show that the high quality and faster computing speed of real-time processing are obtained.
KeywordsComputer Applications virtual reality panorama cylindrical projection GPU
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NVIDIA CUDA (EB/OL), September 23 (2008), http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda.html
- 2.Feng, J.-B., Su, Z.-X., Liu, X.-P.: A Similar-Curve Based Automatic Mosaic Algorithm of Panoramic Image. Chinese Journal of Computers 26(11), 1604–1608 (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Shum, H.Y., Szeliski, R.: Construction of panoramic image mosaics with global and local alignment. International Journal of Computer Vision, 101–130 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Owens, J.: Streaming architectures and technology trends. In: International Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Nickolls, J., Buck, I.: NVIDIA CUDA software and GPU parallel computing architecture. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Memory Management, pp. 103–104 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Stone, S.S., Yi, H., Hwu, W.W., et al.: How GPUs can improve the quality of magnetic resonance imaging (EB/OL), May 08 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Huo, H.-T.: Digital Image Processing, pp. 43–45. Mechanical Industry Press, Beijing (2004) (in Chinese)Google Scholar