Modeling k-Anonymity Framework for the Proximity-Based Privacy Protection in Context-Aware LBS
With the development of Context-aware location based services, there is a large scope for user’s access to preference based services. One of the main research areas in context-aware location based services is proximity-based privacy protection for the users. The objective of our approach to proximity-based privacy protection is to deviate from the implementation of the centralized anonymizer and model the k-anonymity framework as a secure gateway in the context aware location service provider. Our design of privacy-protection is principled on guaranteed privacy protection rather than assuming the anonymizer to be a trusted third-party providing privacy protection. Using a symbolic model checker tool NuSMV, proximity based privacy protection has been modeled through the k-anonymity framework and it is observed that the system takes care of all the constraints by satisfying most of the specifications.
KeywordsLocation based services Context awareness Model Checker Symbolic Model Verifier NuSMV
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Moily, A., Prasanna, G., Shetty, K.S., Singh, S.: Model Checking Message Exchange in Location Based Services. In: Intl. Conf. on Computer Communication Technology, ICCCT (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Asthana: An indoor wireless system for personalized shopping assistance. In: Proc. of the 1st Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 69–74 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhu, T., Wang, C., Jia, G., Huang, J.: Toward Context- Aware Location Based Services. State Key Laboratory of Software Development Environment BeihangGoogle Scholar
- 5.Dey, A.K., Abowd, G.D.: Towards a better understanding of context and context-awareness. GVU Technical Report GITGVU- 99-22, College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Morse, D.R., Armstrong, S., Dey, A.K.: The What, Who, Where, When, and How of Context-Awareness. Graphics, Visualization and Usability Center, College of Computing, Georgia Institute of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 9.Mascetti, S., Bettini, C., Freni, D.: Privacy-Aware Proximity Based Services. In: Tenth International Conference on Mobile Data Management: Systems, Services and Middleware (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Pingley, A., Yu, W.: CAP: A Context-Aware Privacy Protection System for Location-Based Services. In: 29th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Clarke, E.M., Grumberg, O., Peled, D.A.: Model Checking. MIT Press (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Cimatti, A., Clarke, E., Giunchiglia, E., Giunchiglia, F., Pistore, M., Roveri, M., Sebastiani, R., Tacchella, A.: NuSMV 2: An Open Source Tool for Symbolic Model Checking. In: Brinksma, E., Larsen, K.G. (eds.) CAV 2002. LNCS, vol. 2404, pp. 359–364. Springer, Heidelberg (2002)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Cavada, R., Cimatti, A., Keighren, G., Olivetti, E., Pistore, M., Roveri, M.: NuSMV 2.2 Tutorial ITCirst - Via Sommarive 18, 38055 Povo (Trento), ItalyGoogle Scholar