Application of Pressure- and Temperature-Sensitive Paint in a Hypersonic Double Ramp Flow
Pressure- and Temperature-Sensitive Paint (PSP, TSP) was considered as novel nonintrusive flow diagnostics which can provide quantitative global surface pressure and temperature mapping on complex geometry with high spatial resolution . PSP and TSP has been mainly applied in transonic flows [2, 3, 4], supersonic flows [5, 6, 7] and low speed flows . The application of PSP and TSP has been extended to hypersonic flow [9, 10, 11] but not reported as many as at the other flow conditions. The testing condition is challenging for PSP measurement in hypersonic mainly based on the following reasons. The critical aerodynamic heating will cause considerable error for the PSP measurement because of thermal quenching mechanism.
KeywordsSchlieren Image Pressure Sensitivity Reattachment Line Ramp Angle Thermal Insulation Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu, T., Sullivan, J.P.: Pressure and Temperature Sensitive Paints. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Asai, K., Nakakita, K., Kameda, M., Teduka, K.: Recent topics in fast-responding pressure-sensitive paint technology at National Aerospace Laboratory. In: International Congress on Instrumentation in Aerospace Simulation Facilities, pp. 25–36 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Watkins, A.N., Oglesby, D.M., Leighty, B.D., Jordan, J.D.: Low Speed Pressure Sensitive Paint Measurements-Requirements and Applications. In: Proceedings of the International Instrumentation Symposium, vol. 47, pp. 203–214 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Nakakita, K., Yamazaki, T., Asai, K., Teduka, N., Fuji, A., Kameda, M.: Pressure Sensitive Paint Measurement in a Hypersonic Shock Tunnel. AIAA-2000-2523 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Sakaue, H., Matsumura, S., Schneider, S.P., Sullivan, J.P.: Anodized Aluminum Pressure Sensitive Paint for Short Duration Testing. AIAA-2002-2908 (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Erdem, E., Yang, L., Kontis, K.: Drag reduction by energy deposition in hypersonic flows. AIAA 2009-7347 (2009)Google Scholar