Numerical Investigations on Muzzle Flow under Approaching Real Shooting Conditions
Complicated physical phenomena accompanied by muzzle flow were investigated to suppress or reduce their side-effect for many years , such as shock/blast interactions, muzzle flash and noise etc. It is important to study their mechanism for improving or increasing the weapon efficiency. More experimental investigations about them were performed, but still relative less numerical ones. With the great advancement of the computer technology and computational fluid dynamic, numerical simulation has become one of the methods to reveal the physical and chemical phenomena of muzzle flow field as well as experiment now.
KeywordsShock Wave Interior Ballistic Leading Shock Precursor Shock Muzzle Blast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Klingenberg, G., Heimerl, J.M.: Gun Muzzle Bast and Flash. AIAA, Reston (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Cler, D.L., Chevaugeon, N., Shephard, M.S., Remacle, J.F.: CFD Application to Gun Muzzle Bast-A Validation Case Study. AIAA Paper 2003-1142 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Florio, L.A.: Effect of vent opening area and arrangement on gas flow field as gas propelled cylinder exits a flow tube. Meccanica (2009), doi: 10.1007/s11012-009-9266-3Google Scholar
- 7.Cayzac, R., Carette, E., Alziary de Roquefort, T.: 3D unsteady intermediate ballistics modeling: muzzle brake and sabot separation. In: 24th International Symposium of Ballistics (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Cayzac, R., Carette, E., Alziary de Roquefort, T.: Advanced 120mm lightweight tank demonstrator:Direct modelling of the interior, intermediate and exterior ballistics as well as the weapon system environment. In: 25th International Symposium on Ballistics (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Jiang, X.H., Chen, Z.H., Li, H.Z.: Numerical investigation on the reacting muzzle flow. In: 27th International Symposium on Shock Waves (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Dai, S.-L., Xu, H.-Q., Xiao, Z.-L.: Parallel computation of muzzle secondary combustion including movavble high-speed projectile. In: 25th International Symposium on Ballistics (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Haidn, O.J., et al.: CFD Analysis of a Model Combustor Ignition and Comparison with Experimental Results. AIAA 2007-5441 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Weng, C.S., Wang, H.: Computational interior ballistics. Chinese national defense industry press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar